Monday, October 5, 2009

Summer, condensed

I'm actualy writing this from Argentina, and would rather write about interesting things like wrestling Guanacos but I feel like I should give the summer some closure:

It has been six months since I last left the United States of West Coast & Canada. A long six months of attempting to work and save money - did not happen, learn spanish - did not happen, and learn how to cook - also did not happen - It seems there is a pattern in my life of none of my plans being carried to fruition, this may indicate a problem.

This was my first summer in seattle as a legal adult (the past two I have been out of the country) and it exceeded my expectations by probably being just about the best place ever, besides Haad Rhin on New Years smashing buckets. Growing up on Bainbridge you don't really see much of Seattle other than the occasional shopping trip or dinner. Going out in Seattle is hard to wrangle because you either need to have a place to stay in Seattle or have the coherence to catch the 1:35 home, a rare feat of mental collection after too much belgian ale at Brouwers.

If I choose to go to law school in seattle (UW or SU), I would definitely move into the city, for sheeezy. After spending a summer here I can honestly say this is where I think I would like to be, at least for the next four or five years, but none of my plans seem to work out that well...

What I learned this summer about Seattle:

- Seattle is the best city in the entire world.
- The ballroom is a meat market that Charles From Party frequents
- Everything is more fun when you wear a turban
- Dicks is worth leaving the bar early for
- Mr. Tyler Bradley-Hewitt has very comfortable couches and should probably charge me rent
- We are incredibly lucky to live near such good coffee.
- Hiking / Camping is awesome and I am going to marry an REI man
- Skeet Skeet is interchangeable with the word skedadle
- The name of the burger place in forks is Sullies, this is a good thing to bet about
- Seafair is somehow impossible for me to make it to no matter how hard I try

About life:
- Going back to school might actually not completely excruciating, hence law school
- Be careful who you hook up with in Vegas, they might work for the DEA
- Don't sleep on doorsteps or your friends will kick you thinking you are a bum
- I am "impossible" .... I don't even know, but its funny
- Nannying is hard work... imagine if they were actually yours ... holy hell
- Sunroofs on cars periodically shatter, stay calm and don't touch any of the glass
-I am someone who needs a home, traveling forever is not going to be it for me


Ok.... now that I am done with that we can start talking about rounding up Guanacos!

Pictures:
Vegas with the Big Donz and Amir

Klehane Ridge hike with Natface and Corrine

Explaining a shotgun - I feel like most people have figured this out freshman year of college

Bay-Rut

Beach out at the ocean

Klehane Ridge Trail - Hurricane Ridge

Hurricane Ridge Visitors Center

Little trees in the Hoh Rainforest

Marmot Pass trail


Beach Salmon Bake

Prideaux Haven, BC

1 comment:

Madeline said...

nice. but post more, you're funny. and tell me the vegas & DEA story. that is precisely why i avoid the southern bit of my state. my strategy is: more than 3 hours from SF? in nevada? something's wrong with this picture.