Monday, December 22, 2008

Pink Palace Reuinion

Despite the fact that I really have no love lost for Bangkok I went 3 days earlier than I need to just to see some friends from the Pink Palace. 3 nights on Koh San is not really my idea of an awesome time, but it will be worth it I guess. Without much ado we all managed to meet up, which I’m not going to lie was a little weird at first since I hadn’t seen them in 6 months and couldn’t understand a word they were saying for the first few hours since I haven’t hung out with aussies in so long and the accent is fucking thick, I think its worse that Irish. Things got back to normal after a few buckets.

We spent most of the night at a bar with a sign that read ‘Very Strong Bucket, We Don’t Check ID’… which is pointless since ID doesn’t exist in Thailand, and if it did you could simply go next door and get the guy making fake IDs and diplomas to make it for you. The night was pretty loose; the end is my first REALLY blurry night since moving to Asia.


Next night we went back to the same bucket place where the proprietor was overjoyed to see us.    

Simon lost rock paper scissors to the devil child (who I think is an institution on Koh San since I see her every time I go which is turning out to be far too often) and had to buy five roses from her, which was still only 100 baht.  


Then they decided it would be a good idea to get their eyebrows pierced, so we went back to the place where I had had mine done and I ended up getting my cartilage pierced as well– I think I need to stop with the piercings soon cause I’m accumulating them at an alarming rate.

Showing off our new piercings

Went on to get loose at a club in Koh San and then ended up not going to sleep for a long time after that back in the room even though they were leaving at 7 to go to Trat.

God Save the King

No comments: