Friday, April 10, 2009

Melb

Melbourne: 

Lots of rain......


Made a few bad decisions in melb...buuut we'll just gloss over that for now.   Overal it was nice, esp since the wine and cheese fest was going on so I guzzled some quality food during the week.   

The best thing I did was go camping on the great ocean road for two nights, which was beautiful (almost on par with the ocean here), mostly because the majority of the beaches were pretty deserted.   We just camped in the car and BBQ'd which was really fun, and I discovered another type of meat I can eat: Snags! although I'm a little scared now since a friend told me he wound up in the hospital for a week after eating one. 

Yummy snags, potatoes and red peppers

12 Apostles.. mandatory tourist stop

People surfing..I have a sweet ass camera, I know I know..

Pretty purple shells that were everywhere (art shot)


Johanna Beach
Gorgeous sunset...


One of the many times we had to quickly swerve to the side of the road then bushwack for twenty minutes to try and find some elusive wave liam was looking for. 

Also went to a "grunge" party where I'm pretty sure 95 percent of the attendees didn't know what grunge was or misinterpreted it to mean vegas clothes... but I guess theme parties must not be as big outside the US.   Loose time though, woke up on the floor surrounded by the remnants of a bowl of potato chips, classy, so it must have been a good night, CMC style...Now they must think that all americans are shit shows.


I'll pass on an australian drinking game: Vodka Water Challenge.
As effective as rock, paper, scissors, drink (bomb, cockroach, evolution); or playing war for shots and the bonus is that it makes you seem like a little less of an alcoholic since its more of a legit game and not just take-as-many-shots-as-possible-while-pretending-its-a-legit-game.  They really need to discover beruit though..

ok, so, vodka water challenge: You just stick 10 shot glasses on a tray and have a random person fill 5 with water and 5 with vodka and then the two people playing have to take turns picking one to throw back...so you can either get all the shots or none of the shots depending on your luck
oh.. and then I fell asleep in the waiting room at the airport since I was still highly wearing it and almost missed my plane, typ.  I was only saved by a very nice italian girl, Alice, who woke me up.  Very reminiscent of leaving the pink palace and falling asleep in the terminal at Corfu. 

No comments: