Thursday, November 13, 2008

getting to Thailand

So far this is everything that has gone wrong on my way out of china:

1) slept through first train

2) Last name on my plane ticket was written as Mindt, not Mundt and they almost didn't let me on the plane to kunming

3) no flights to Mandalay or Yangon s0 I bought a ticket to Bangkok instead. Thought the flight time was 8pm, at 1:30 the lady comes to find me and ask my why I'm not at the airport when my flight is leaving in an hour...rushed to the airport, and made the flight though so that was good.

I didn't spend much time in Bangkok / didn't even get off of the backpacker street since I was there for less than 24 hours, so there isn't really much to say. The one thing though that you notice as soon as you get there and is really shocking is the number of western washouts that are hanging around the street - people who maybe came for a day or a week and stayed for ten years addicted to drugs / whatever and are now begging on the street or selling bracelets.
Went out, made friends with some German dudes and we sang lots of German drinking songs, but I was still feeling mighty shitty from the epic last two weeks in Jing so I went to bed really early.. not what you are suppsed to do in BKK (haaa that was for you mado)
German guys I was hanging out with all pass out on the table at like 9 PM

Decided to go budget so I took the 12 hour bus down, which was not fun, but I met two cool Swedish girls on it who I am still traveling with, so some good came out of it. We got to Koh Phag Nan in the afternoon, and pretty much immediately started prepping for the FULL MOON PARTY! wooooo. get looose

Stupid little stickers they make you wear so they can tell if you're going to Koh Phagnan, Koh Samui, Phuket, etc.


The crowd outside on the front of the boat on the way to Koh Phagnan

No comments: