Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One night in Bangkok and the worlds your oyster

One night in Bangkok.... pearls ain't freee...

So in our less-than-24-hours-in-bangkok we:

1) Walked around a lot.. which was good because before I had not gotten off of Koh San = very bad traveling skills

Street food in Bangkok, view from the skytrain

name of a boat on the river

Best last name ever.. esp for being an author
View of Koh San from the roof of our hotel
View of BKK from our roof

Shrine along the road, these are everywhere in Thailand, every house has one in the front yard

BKK river

2) Saw a Nile monitor


Night of the 22nd

Tristan got a giant fish tattooed on his back

I got my eyebrow pierced again - parents are going to love that one, I bet they thought they were through that stage

We witnessed the seedy underbelly of Thailand / SE Asia at a strip club that made me so sick I had to leave. It was all fat white 50 year old men and the girls all wore numbers for easier identification and purchasing.. made me completely disgusted so I left and made new friends on Koh San instead. We were supposed to be going to the strip club just for a little while for fun and then moving on to a club, but a few of the sleezier guys from Tahoe were more serious about it and actually bought strippers...served them right later when I saw that they couldn't get into the hotel with them and had to go elsewhere.

Missed our bus at 8 am - we all went to bed so late there was no way we were waking up for our bus at 8 am - good thing we hadn't bought tickets. I think all of us knew in the back of our minds we weren't going to make it on the bus. I personally was walking still walking around Koh San at 5 am with my new brit friends trying to find a tattoo parlor that was open so they could get tattoos.

We ended up being able to catch a later bus to the border, and it was the first time I have walked across a border, correct me if I am wrong parents.

Next post: Sihanouk Ville or the most awesome place ever

1 comment:

carl and jude said...

I can't imagine a worse place in the world to get a piercing than Thailand!