Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Michael is my boss

I thought it would be time to honor you with some choice quotes from my office life. Keep in mind these are all from my boss.

From email response:
"It won't bring them any consequence if their decision blocks our
mission critical cheese from outside access for a few days, of
`coz they won't care."


he then goes on to quote a chinese proverb:
It seems more likely we are a victim of
certain subnet blocking, just as a old Chinese saying, when the
city gate catches fire, the disaster extends even to the fish in
the moat


From weekly memo:
It is a great challenge to many of us. However, we can imagine how a client would choose someone to work with them who can't build an effective communication with them?! What if we are the client, can we hire someone who can only speak some dialect from a remote African area?


It gets worse:
And I certainly do not want to get that feeling again, because we, the XX team, is a far better team than any of those so called great software companies. We have talents, we have passion, and mostly importantly we are a team. No one should have the privilege to look down on us.


Then, here is a fun excerpt from an MSN conversation in which he asked me to test a jewelry website we are working on:
Me: I don't know how to buy diamonds either since I've never bought one, but I can check for bugs
Boss: After this, u will know, it is something you will have to know in the future
Me: haha.. we will see. It depends on how much money I make
Boss: well not ur money, ur future husband's money
Me: WTF?? hahah (I did not actually say that)


Further proof that my office is the office: we have a weekend outing to watch the mummy 3, even though 3 engineers already replied to the thread saying it was so boring they fell asleep. We also get a "present" at the movie... which I have no doubt will be popcorn.

Now that we are on the subject of quotes, I will share a few of my all time favorites from my all time favorite movie. If anyone can guess the movie you get a prize -and it won't be popcorn, I promise. I don't know what yet, but it will be shiny. This contest excludes all of the people I know who also love this movie (Jess).

"Stop talking Mika or i'll put you back in the trunk"

"What are you going to do?" "What I do"

"Get in the trunk" "Aaaa i'm not getting in there, there's a dead man in there"


Here is another ridiculous one from Three Musketeers:

"Athos it is your wife I tell you" repeated D'Artagnan. "Do you not remember how the two marks agree?"
Athos: "And yet I should have thought the other was dead - I had hanged her so thoroughly!"

My favorite part of the book is pages 250- 253, where Athos locks himself in a innkeeper's cellar and drinks and eats his way through the entire thing. I'f I could reproduce the entire three page section here I would, but that would be a lot of typing.

I'm going to the beach in two days! i'm going to get bronzed!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

i keep clicking on my igoogle hoping it will be madness hamsters...but right now it's just sheep of destiny :(