Saturday, September 6, 2008

trapeezing tortugas take flight

This was a subject line I got on an email yesterday. 

I saw white people in my apt complex yesterday!! I did a huge double take, a very noticeable one.. it was a group of five really good looking guys so I'm sure they thought I was blatantly checking them out or something - great - maybe this complex isn't so bad after all, I need to start reading outside more so I can meet some of these elusive attractive white men without chinese girlfriends. 

link for the day : Cool Beans

ok.. damage to the phone from last night, which was epic: someone named Yalf, who thinks I am going to an open bar BBQ with him tonight, and Mari, which is my drunk shorthand for Mariel.  

I experienced one of the most morally questionable points in my life though last night.  I realized I was pre-gaming, by myself, while watching Schindler's List. 

Went to Saddle in SanLiTuar again, drinks were half off. woot. On the way there the cabbie in the car next to me stated singing my darling Clementine at the top of his lungs, probably for my benefit, and was really excited when I rolled down my window and joined in.  After Saddle there is a long progression of bars, and an attempt to go to Vicks, only to get there and then be too cheap to pay the 50 Kuai ($6) cover.  Instead we headed across the street to Alpha for 80s night.. and the night gets a bit blurry....Kebab Stand...my only jean skirt rips all the way to the top while climbing onto a stage w Mari....get convinced to stay despite said ripped skirt because luckily the rip is right over the pocket so I was still somewhat clothed....all decide to wake up early in the morning and go to a pool party... somehow get home. 

Really though, so far Beijing is like college, just with way more traffic and pollution (I know, I know, LA is pretty bad in these two categories too)

Woke up, have done nothing all day except for discover that adding bacon grease to eggs makes them 10 times better.  I bet bacon grease makes everything better, I should make a book: Cooking With Bacon Grease - Gourmet Adventures of a Vegetarian

Toodles

No comments: