Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Day, New Cell Phone

Up until last night I could say that I had never lost a cell phone. Stolen yes, broken yes, but never lost, which is amazing with the amount of things I lose. At least it was only a 300 kuai cell phone.

Went to Viks last night, complete shit show.. My bright idea to spend less money on alcohol was to buy the fifth of vodka down in the apartment complex store and drink some of that and a few red bulls before going out... Great CMC style plan... but the result was that I still drank the same amount when I was out and ended up just way to drunk. In typical me fashion, I ended up making friends with a random group of guys with a table. They were all from different countries in africa and I kinda felt like I was in Lord of War or something (in a completely non-racist sort of way,I am well aware that all africans are not war lords). There were two girls at their table already who gave me evil stares the whole time I was there.. I bet they thought that I was trying to steal their men....not so, I just wanted their alcohol, my mind tends to one track there first before mistering around.

Then I lost my phone. I have no idea when. Ernest said that I fell on my bag and broke it or something.... so maybe I broke the phone then, its a bit hazy.

Woke up still completely shwasted at 11 and went to carrefour to buy a new phone. After a 45 minute attempted and failed conversation in chinese about how I wanted to keep my old phone number (because it is already on my business cards) I bought a sweet phone with a touch screen!! the first nice phone I have ever possessed. I had to change my number though which sucks cause now all my b cards have the wrong number. They are sweet though and say Module Lead... I'm uber excited for the first time I get to give them to someone!!!!

Philosophical Section:

I really like all of the people I have met over here but the more people I meet and the more time I spend with them I realize how amazing everyone I knew in the US was. I'm never going to meet someone like Jess, who lights her face on fire taking a shot, or someone like Gardiner whose wit sent people to counseling in middle school. Unfortunately this means I am still spending way too much time on Facebook and Skype living vicariously through everyone back home. I still would much rather talk to Jess on Skype for 10 minutes that hang out with my friends here for a whole night. That sounds bad.. they are all really cool, its just no one can replace the people back home. I guess its the: "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold" sort of thing. (yeah girl scout songs).

Peace

No comments: