Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another day, another cell phone

I sincerely apologize for complete lack of postage in the past month.  I went to australia and had far too much fun* and completely forgot about the whole blog thing.  I will try to be good about recreating these posts as though I am still in the philippines etc, but this is obvio a BIT hard since this was over a month ago and has begun to recede into the hazy parts of my mind along with calculus and Shakespeare.     I think I'll intersperse these old ones with posts about what i've actually been doing at the current moment if there is anything exciting going on in seatown. 

OK, this post would be from say february 20th or so.  Begin time travel: 

I am now on my third cell phone in three months, kinda ridiculous right? Someone jacked it off our table last night, which made me NOT happy. Did the usual Jullianas, Pump run, awesome fun, but not so much this morning when I woke up to little fists banging of on my door crying tia liz, borrow camera! borrow camera! only a few hours after I had gone to sleep.  All the neighborhood kids discovered that I lend out my camera and then suddenly I was their favorite person in the world.  They call me Tia (aunt) Liz now and greet me with a gesture of respect which is to touch my hand to their forehead when they see me which is pretty cool, I always knew I was kind of a big deal, just under appreciated.









Anyway, since I could no longer sleep my hangover off in peace in my room, I decided that it was altogether too hot to be hungover and set off for Ayala to try and find something to do all day in the air conditioning. To recap, I was very successfully, entering the mall when it was light and coming out after dark... 8 hours later. In that time I: bought a cell phone, ate three meals, bought and consumed a large quantity of aspirin, bored people on skype for a few hours with my hungover ramblings, watched a movie, and spent some time staring at the pictures of Seattle at SBC wishing it looked like that every day.



Ayala Plaza at night

Then as I was about to go home I ran into some friends outside SBC who were going to Honduraw, I had totally forgot it was a jam night, so then I had to rush home, shower, and change and then rush back into the city, which I'm not doing a good job of obviously I am here in this internet cafe blogging and not rushing into the city. Blogging is an addiction, and never install a counter that lets you see the nationality of your visitors because then you start to feel self important and spend even more time blogging. This week I have had visitors from: UAE, Hong Kong, Oz, United States, Denmark, China, UK and Brazil (Philippines too obvi). Coolness. Ok this was a completely pointless post, I'll try and think of something exciting I did next time, but my brain feels like its in molasses, I always figured that this is what it must feel like to be really stupid.

No comments: