Monday, February 2, 2009

Koh Samui, or: where NOT to spend your vacation in Thailand

Ugh I can't believe I'm actualy having to rewrite this post for the second time. I wrote all of these posts on a computer in Malapascua during the torrential downpours which have lasted the past two weeks, but then somehow it didn't translate onto my flash drive in a readable manner, so here I am rewriting...AGAIN. Also, I got no pics since my camera got stolen on Koh Tao. Rough life.

KOH SAMUI

Again here is the Thailand map so you can see where Koh Samui is. Pretty much in the same place I went before, just slightly more south. Its the biggest of the three islands, and also the most touristy.


Went to Koh Samui to see Coops and Simo, no other reason really, since I had only heard bad things about it, and I'm not going to lie, after spending 6 days there I was ready to move the fuck on to Koh Phagnan. The problem with Koh Samui is that its more upmarket, has too many prostitutes and lady boys, too many families, too many asian package tourists and basically has no redeeming qualities whatsoever other than that I discovered my talent for wii bowling. Being with 10 guys I spent a decent amount of time between strip clubs and bars, and then getting kicked out of the bars for being highly destructive.

Pretty sure this picture was taken while pooling money to buy Geebzy a stripper


Hookah was a novelty, apparently they don't have it in oz

The only funny incident I can remember (since this was now more than a month ago) was when this girl who was on E got up on our table at the beach and proceeded to take off all of their clothes. She was roughly pulled off 5 seconds later by her irate husband... haha.

No comments: