Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day festivities

* this post has been censored by someone limiting my freedom of speech... damn you infringing my rights zac

All I can say is that this valentines day was superior to the last three, but before you assume that I went on a date and was given a diamond tennis bracelet and roses lets recap the last three:

3 years ago - a pipe in my ceiling broke while my roommate was out to dinner with her boyfriend, spewing water all over my couch, guitar and computer. I called Campus Security to have them come save me, and got... a busy signal for thirty minutes...WTF? seriously, what if I was being killed????

2 years ago - broke up with the guy I had been dating a week before valentines day, and then started talking again a few days after valentines day, I think it was strategy on his part, but he claimed that no one in Norway celebrates it anyway..load of tosh.

1 year ago - Was given chocolates in an awkward and furtive manner by a 'friend' who was at the time dating one of my other 'best' friends, I don't think she got anything, this occurrence still puzzles me greatly and was really weird.

This valentines day I - went to a reggae concert, then out to a club, then went on a food binge/extravaganza with zac at 5am, going first to Jollibee, where we had a 2 hour deep and meaningful about life etc over our burgers and fries which seems to be our thing now, and then after, headed to the drugstore to get a giant bag of Cheetos to supplement my burger and happily munching them on the walk home while zac went off for a valentines day tea party. After going to sleep at 530ish Jess woke me up by calling at 6am, but I was still so incoherent and asleep that I don't remember anything of the convo.



I think my perfect valentines day would either be:
a. Pizza, good movie, beer
or
b. Dinner at the top of the clock tower in Prague with candles, champagne, and Al Green and then a night at mecca with the old crew.... unclassy vs classy

So yeah, I think that would qualify as a decent valentines day. Anyway, I hope everyone had a good party, and the people with boyfriends got a good day, and to the boyfriends congrats its over, you don't have to do anything romantic for another 11 months and 30 days now.

No comments: