Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Manila = Madness

Manila was one big shit-show of us having absolutely no idea where we were going, or what part of the city we were in, or if we were gonna get killed immanently, etc. I had been to cheap to buy a guidebook, so we literally had no idea where we were, I didn't even know that manila is several cities and not one city with a main downtown, which made things a little interesting for trying to figure out where to go.

We finally found somewhere to stay for the night after wandering aimlessly for 45 minutes, and went to the nearby ladybar to watch the inauguration / get a beer.. I was exhausted so I wanted to go to sleep stat, but Liam really really wanted a beer and didn't want to go to a ladybar by himself, as he had already been propositioned a few times, so he dragged me down for protection, I watched the inauguration, which I've never seen before, I'm a bad American, so I gues it was a good educational experience.

The next day we bought tickets to Cebu on the ferry, and then went on an oddessy through what I think must have been all of manila's malls to find Liam a surfboard. After what seemed like eons of wandering around in circles totally lost among the ice rinks and Jollibees, (I hate malls) we finally found a place with surfboards and ended the agony.


Taco!!

I found cheetos at 7-11 for the first time in 6 months!!! this picture is my idea of pure happiness

Ferry to Cebu
Pretty sunset
Typical of the philippines. They were also testing guns off the side of the boat for about three hours on the way down. Pretty ridic.

Fighting cocks are alowed on the boat. No other livestock. Or wellwishers.


Prettttttyyyy

No comments: