Thursday, August 14, 2008

I hate Fengtai

Day 2

So lets see... today I dragged myself out of bed at 7, sat in a humid cab for 45 minutes to get to the office, intermittently slogged and perused facebook hoping for people to do entertaining things or post incriminating pictures. I also learned of the existence of the snack cupboard and spent a happy ten minutes riffling through "snacks" which all seemed to feature cartoon character, artificial color and an ungodly amount of sugar. I still wonder how chinese people are so skinny with the food they eat. maybe its a biological chemical. If I could find it an sell it to trophy wives for exorbinant sums I would never have to work again. I also traded smiley faces online with my engineer for a decent amount of time, the highlight being one which he found that did the function of all the others in a sort of montage. (I also go lots of work done, but thats boring so I will bypass it)

I found a new favorite dish today to - I can't remember the name (seems like that is a common theme in this country) but it is grilled green beans with garlic and some sort of sichuan topping, I don't think they have it in US chinese food.

I also had a great conversation about my inability to distinguish attractiveness in asians. (also remember names). I can tell when the girls are hot, but all the guys look exactly the same to me. Maybe this will change and i'll end up living in beijing married to chinese dude.. but i'm highly doubting it... I have far too much of a thing for blonds.

Now we're all back home watching olympic badminton instead of the US basketball game, much to Adam's chagrin -apparently the Chinese authorities think badminton is more important. Shobhit is still doing work and cursing his fortune to be stuck with the clients from hell (their VP of engineering is so inept that he took two hours of our time to try and fix a "bug" in the log on system, when really he was entering the incorrect password), and I am going to watch a movie.

Adieu

L







No comments: