Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love living with boys

Day 7,

Everyone in my apartment is sick. First Shobhit got Adam sick, and then Adam got Shobhit sick again, and now he got John sick... so it is a giant cesspool of hacking , coughing, spitting people who are constantly stealing my nyquil. Luckily I am not a girly girl to begin with, but I can slowly fell myself becoming more of a boy every week I am living here. (to be totally fair though, I am not living with meatheads, our DVD collection includes: 27 dresses, made of honor, becoming jane, and my favorite, shanghai kiss) And in some aspects I am way more socially-retarded than they are.

Case in point: Adam was trying to figure out what to get a girl he was going on "dates" with for her birthday, and I told him to get her nothing, then when he said he had to since they were dating (which is completely unnecessary, because hes not going to get into her pants anyway since shes chinese) I told him to get her a badminton racket - I got laughed at. In my opinion badminton rackets are great, very functional, everyone here seems to have one attached to their wrist at all times. I also got laughed at for: hating dates, never having gone on a real date, never having a boyfriend etc.... all the things girls are supposed to be good at. They have stopped asking me for girl advice at this point.

But anyway, if I get sick I will smite my entire apartment; just like I used to do in SimLife, when you could play god and smite the sargum moss that was taking over the world. ( just googled it, Sargum Moss doesn't exist, it is a creation of Simlife)

Today I did not do anything cultural in Beijing, but I did go on a wild goose chase for Tahini, and the Vietnam Airlines ticket office. I employed my prowess of chinese to try and find the airline office once I was inside the glitzy shopping mall it was allegedly in. Due to my awesome skills I got these responses: 1st floor, 4th floor, blank stare. It ended up being across the street in a building I did not know existed. Oh and it was also closed - I'm going back tomorrow, at least I know where it is now.

No comments: