Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recovery

Not unlike Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan, I have spent the past two days in rehab.  But unlike them, what led to mine was my great desire to see the great cultural relics of china, kind of. 

Rehab means watching movies, cleaning my room, taking my vitamins, and eating ice cream. 

I also spent a good 6 hours trying to straighten out my: I-have-no-return-ticket-from-vietnam-sitch, which in the past 24 hours actually denigrated into:  an I-do-not-even-have-a-one-way-tic-to-vietnam-sitch.  Apparently I waited too long to verify my credit card information so they canceled my flight to Vietnam.  

So I began looking again.... I finally found a great round trip flight to Hanoi and spent a few minutes filling out the tedious information required to book, excited that I would now have a a vacation.  Not so.  A nice little error message came up informing me that "the name of passenger 1 could only be made up in English!" 

I then tried to book on the US Air China site instead since the chinese site wouldn't accept my name as not "being made up in English".  The ticket on the US side was $1000 more!! --Ridiculous form of somehow semi-legal price discrimination.   After a few more hours of angry searching I found a really good website called Wego.com , you should try it out; they use squirrels instead of an algorithm, apparently thats a good business strategy since they work for nuts not dollars.   So here are the places I am going as it stands right now: Hanoi, Halong Bay, HCMC, Mekong Delta, and Phu Quoc Island. If you have been to any of these places and have suggestions i.e: that place sucked, or: I got the best acid of my life there!! (just kidding mom), then tell me cause I would love to have any info on Vietnam since I know nothing about it.  

Im about to hit up some bars with my new FRIENDS!! (which isn't saying that much though since they are all guys.. much easier to make friends with than girls... but its a start)

oh I've also been in Beijing exactly one month.  Crazyness!!!

P.P.S : Check out the igoogle themes by Edward Monkton, in particular the "Madness Hamsters" I am obsessed. 

Ciao

1 comment:

Madeline said...

where's that slideshow?