Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Roach Sighting!!

(The exclamation points are not in a good way)

Day 8,

8 PM
Today I hate china.   I saw what I thought was a cute little beetle scurrying across our floor  - but it was a ROACH.  gross.   Ever since my dad told a story when I was a kid about two crawling up his pants at an airport I have been mortally afraid of them.  

On the bright side though:  Veronica is in china!!  Hopefully I can find her though because Becca already cant find her, and it has not even been  24 hours yet since she landed in Beijing.  She brought a valuable cargo of items that I forgot in the US and can't find here, mainly: rainbow sandals.   I have been wearing the white canvas shoes that I bought for three pesos in Salt for the past month, and now they are not white anymore, but a disgusting shade of grey streaked with patches of darker filth.  I realized a few nights ago when I sat down for a moment in Guijie that I must look like a bum. 

We are planning on going to Rickshaw tonight to watch the US bball finals against Oz.   Hopefully there will be a big aussie crowd.. they are always down to make some noise and have a few beers. 

Midnight

We got confused about the time and missed the game, but I heard it wasn't that great, we won by a lot.   Instead I watched transporter 2.  Which was awesome, and they left it completely open for a third one.  I recommend it to anyone, as long as you like crazy action movies that have negligible plot and a lot of unrealistic moves.  
 


No comments: